Supervise Asbestos Removal including Remove Non-Friable Asbestos
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This course prepares participants for the Supervision of Asbestos Removal and the removal of asbestos containing material, by providing individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to safely plan for, prepare a site, supervise personnel, and carry out asbestos work involving non-friable (bonded) asbestos-containing material. This course is suitable for individuals working as an asbestos removalist, in the telecommunications, NBN, construction, demolition, trenching, fencing and similarly related industries. This course is suitable for persons removing more than 10 square metres of bonded asbestos in a workplace.
Please note: The course may be completed within a shorter or longer time frame depending on the experience of those in attendance
This course is based on the requirements outlined in the Regulations, Code of Practice, National Standards and includes:
- Legislative framework
- Types, uses and sizes of asbestos
- Plan for, prepare and isolate a site for the removal of asbestos
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for non-friable (bonded) asbestos removal
- Supervise the asbestos removalist and licensed asbestos assessor
- Oversee the asbestos removal and decontamination process
- Supervise and support team members
- Risk management
- Preparing a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
- Procedures for removal and disposal of non-friable (bonded) asbestos
Knowledge based questionnaires and observation of practical demonstration
Must have basic English literacy skills and the Construction Industry Whitecard
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with the following Statement of Attainment which will be recognised nationally:
- CPCCBC4051A Supervise Asbestos Removal
- CPCCDE3014A Remove Non-Friable Asbestos
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea or coffee before the course starts and during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning/ afternoon tea and for those attending full day courses lunch is provided (an assortment of sandwiches and hot finger foods). Persons with special dietary requirements should cater for their personal needs.
This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.