Combined Confined Space Entry and Gas TestingThere are no scheduled Combined Confined Space Entry and Gas Testing courses. Please Contact Us if to find out about more upcoming courses.
Combined Confined Space Entry and Gas Testing
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This course provides participants with the required skills and knowledge to enable them to safely enter and work in areas designated as a confined space and enable them to safely carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. The course provides a blend of meaningful theoretical instruction with practical training based on simulated workplace situations. This course is suitable for anyone required to work in a confined space and performing gas testing.
Please note: The course may be completed within a shorter or longer time frame depending on the experience of those in attendance
This course is based on the requirements outlined in the Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standards applicable to any person entering a confined space and gas testing, and includes:
- Legislative requirements for confined space entry
- Identification of hazards, and assessing and addressing risks
- Confined Space Entry risk assessment
- Implementation of control measures as determined by the risk assessment process
- Confined space entry permits
- Roles and responsibilities of stand-by persons
- Emergency response procedures
- Testing gas using testing equipment
- Interpreting gas readings and monitor as required
- Maintaining gas testing equipment and records
- Inspection and fault find gas testing equipment
Knowledge based questionnaires and practical demonstration
Must have basic English literacy skills
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with either of the following Statements of Attainment relevant to their industry area which will be recognised nationally
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIRIS201D Conduct Local Risk Control
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER205 Enter Confined Space
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits
- MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea or coffee before the course starts and during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning/ afternoon tea and for those attending full day courses lunch is provided (an assortment of sandwiches and hot finger foods). Persons with special dietary requirements should cater for their personal needs.
$127.00 After CTF Subsidy
This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.