CTF Pricing For Eligible Customers
$210.00 payable after CTF has been applied. (for eligible companies only)
The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please note: Those who have previously completed the pre-requisite unit of competency CPCCWHS2001 - Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry, will only be required to attend day two only.
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This demolition course prepares participants for the conduct of basic demolition activities, by providing individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to safely plan and conduct class one, two or three demolition activities on single storey buildings and structures in accordance with Western Australian Regulations and Australian Standards. This course is suitable for individuals working as basic demolition operatives, working under the supervision of other more experienced site supervisors and demolition experts.
This course is based on the requirements outlined in the Australian Standards 2601 - 2001, Work Health & Safety Regulations and WorkSafe WA licencing requirements, to include:
- Legislative frameworks and their implementation
- Duty of Care - Supervision and support of team members
- Hazard identification, including hazardous substance considerations
- Preparing a Job Hazard Analysis / Safe Work Method Statements
- Risk assessment and risk control methods
- Preparing a demolition work plan, including planning for basic
- Demolition methods, including site preparation and equipment use
- Removing building components
- Checking and correctly storing tools and equipment
Knowledge based questionnaires and practical demonstration
- Must have basic English literacy skills
- CPCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (or equivalent)
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with the following Statement of Attainment which will be recognised nationally:
- CPCCCM2009 - Carry out basic demolition
- CPCCWHS2001 - Apply WHS requirements, policies & procedures in the construction industry
Participants may be eligible for a WorkSafe WA Demolition Class 1, 2 or 3 Licence after the course.
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire. Steel capped safety boots are required for all high risk courses.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea, coffee or snack before the course starts and during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning/ afternoon tea.