Remove Non-Friable AsbestosAvailable Locations & Course Dates:
Remove Non-Friable Asbestos
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This course prepares participants for the removal of non-friable asbestos, by providing individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to safely prepare for, contain and removing asbestos containing materials (ACM), including decontamination, disposal and legislative requirements and processes. This course is suitable for individuals working as an asbestos removalist in a variety of industries.
The model Work Health and Safety (WHS) regulations and the Code of Practice: How to safely remove asbestos (2018) requires workers to hold certification for the class of licensed asbestos removal work they will be undertaking. Completion of this unit of competency is certification to undertake non-friable (Class B) removal work.
Occupational licenses are required nationally. This unit is required for all ACM removal workers engaged in the removal of more than ten square metres of non-friable ACM.
Please note: The course may be completed within a shorter or longer time frame depending on the experience of those in attendance
This course is based on the requirements outlined in the Regulations, Code of Practice, National Standards and includes:
- Legislative frameworks, inspection, certifications and regulatory processes
- Types, uses and sizes of asbestos
- Plan for, prepare and set-up a site for the removal of asbestos
- Preparing / use a Safe Work Method Statement and an Asbestos Removal Control Plan
- Procedures for removal and disposal of non-friable (bonded) asbestos
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for non-friable (bonded) asbestos removal
- Conduct the asbestos removal and decontamination process (simulated)
- Carry out the asbestos removal, containment and decontamination process (simulated)
- Risk management, equipment testing and removal
Knowledge based questionnaires and observation of practical demonstration
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with the following Statement of Attainment which will be recognised nationally:
- CPCCDE3014 Remove Non-Friable Asbestos
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea, coffee or snack before the course starts and during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning/ afternoon tea.
$88.50 payable after CTF has been applied. (for eligible companies
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.