Fire Warden (Inc. Fire Extinguisher)Available Locations & Course Dates:
Fire Warden (Inc. Fire Extinguisher)
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to use fire extinguishers effectively and to further address the competency required to implement emergency response evacuation procedures. This combined course is suitable to people appointed as an Area Wardens within the workplace.
Please note: The course may be completed within a shorter or longer time frame depending on the experience and number of those in attendance
The fire extinguisher component of the course will address:
- The chemistry of fire
- The different classes of fire and their characteristics
- Firefighting techniques, agents and precautions applicable to different classes of fire
- Types of firefighting appliances
Area wardens will learn how to:
- Apply methods of accounting for people
- Learn methods to assist people who need assistance
- Carry out a search pattern within an area
- Contribute to emergency management planning
- Use equipment assigned to assist with implementing the workplace emergency
Knowledge based questionnaires and practical demonstration
During the COVID-19 pandemic period, to minimise risk, the theory component of this course can be delivered via remote facilitation (web-based conference). The practical component of this course can be filmed and uploaded to ATM for assessment.
Must have basic English literacy skills
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with either of the following Statements of Attainment relevant to their industry area which will be recognised nationally
- CPPFES2005 Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
- TLIF2018 Operate firefighting equipment
- PUAFER008 Confine small workplace emergencies
- PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire. Whilst closed in shoes are a minimum requirement for attendance on any course, steel capped safety boots are required for forklift, dogging, vehicle loading crane (hiab) and rigging courses.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea, coffee or snack before the course starts and during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning/ afternoon tea.
$88.50 payable after CTF has been applied. (for eligible companies only)
The Construction Training Funs provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.