Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) & Traffic Control (TC) Refresher CourseAvailable Locations & Course Dates:
CTF Pricing For Eligible Customers
$97.50 payable after CTF has been applied. (for eligible companies
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please note: As this 1 day program includes the mandatory ‘live set-up’ practical exercises. Successful participants will receive their MRWA accreditation at the conclusion of the course.
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This BWTM&TC Refresher course addresses the skills and knowledge required to safely implement traffic management plans for works on roads and to safely and efficiently control traffic in a variety of situations. This traffic control course is suitable for those individuals wishing to re-address the requirements for MainRoads WA accreditation for Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) and Traffic Control (TC).
At the completion of the refresher BWTM&TC
program you will have a renewed understanding of the relevant Australian, State and
Territory traffic management legislation and be able to re-demonstrate the
required level of skill and knowledge in relation to;
- Requirements set down by the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Traffic management plans, signs and devices
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities
- Hazard identification, job safety analysis and safe work method statements
- Basic signalling, traffic controlling and radio operations
Knowledge based questionnaires and practical demonstration
- Must have current or previous evidence of holding a valid motor vehicle drivers licence (not a Permit)
- Construction Induction Whitecard
- Basic English literacy skills
- Candidates must provide physical evidence of previous BWTM&TC certification (expired for no longer than 3 months)
- Pre-Requisite Evidence - All evidence MUST be supplied to ATM by no later than two (2) business days prior to the course.
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be re-issued with MAIN ROADS WA accreditation and the following Statements of Attainment which will be recognised nationally
- RIIWHS302E Implement Traffic Management Plans
- RIIWHS205E Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the Workplace
- RIIWHS201E Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire. Steel capped safety boots are required for practical exercises on the course.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea, coffee or snack before the course starts and during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning/ afternoon tea.