Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) & Traffic Control (TC) Refresher CourseAvailable Locations & Course Dates:
Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) & Traffic Control (TC) Refresher Course
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This BWTM&TC Refresher course addresses the skills and knowledge required to safely implement traffic management plans for works on roads and to safely and efficiently control traffic in a variety of situations. This course is suitable for those individuals wishing to re-address the requirements for MainRoads WA accreditation for Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) and Traffic Control (TC).
Please note: As this 1 day program includes the mandatory ‘live set-up’ practical exercises. Successful participants will receive their MRWA accreditation at the conclusion of the course.
At the completion of the refresher BWTM&TC
program you will have a renewed understanding of the relevant Australian, State and
Territory traffic management legislation and be able to re-demonstrate the
required level of skill and knowledge in relation to;
- Requirements set down by the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Traffic management plans, signs and devices
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities
- Hazard identification, job safety analysis and safe work method statements
- Basic signalling, traffic controlling and radio operations
Knowledge based questionnaires and practical demonstration
- Must have current or previous evidence of holding a valid motor vehicle drivers licence (not a Permit)
- Construction Induction Whitecard
- Basic English literacy skills
- Candidates must provide physical evidence of previous BWTM&TC certification (expired for no longer than 3 months)
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be re-issued with MAIN ROADS WA accreditation and the following Statements of Attainment which will be recognised nationally
- RIIWHS302E Implement Traffic Management Plans
- RIIWHS205E Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the Workplace
- RIIWHS201E Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire. Steel capped safety boots are required for practical exercises on the course.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea, coffee or a snack before the course starts and at any time during the course. All participants will be offered morning tea and for those attending full day courses lunch is provided (an assortment of sandwiches and hot finger foods).
Persons with special dietary requirements should cater for their own personal needs.
$97.50 After CTF Subsidy
This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.