Would you like to have your skills recognised through the issue of a formal qualification or licence?
There are different pathways available:
- Credit Transfer (CT)
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Existing Worker Traineeships
Credit Transfer (CT)
Credit Transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification based on identified equivalence in training content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications. This arrangement can facilitate the transfer or progression of individuals from one qualification or course to another, or from one education and training sector to another. This reduces the amount of learning required to achieve a new or updated qualification.
Decisions by RTO's on approving Credit Transfers must ensure that integrity of qualification outcomes is maintained and that there is consistency, fairness and transparency in the decision making process.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses an individual’s formal, non-formal and informal learning to determine the extent to which that individual meets the requirements specified in the training package or VET accredited courses. This pathway is best suited if you have been working in the industry for some time as you may find that you already have many of the skills required and hence do not have to be trained in that skill / competency once again. RPL processes are:
- Formal learning - learning that takes place through a structured program of instruction and is linked to the attainment of a formal qualification or award (for example, a certificate, diploma or university degree)
- Non-formal learning - learning that takes place through a structured program of instructions, but does not lead to the attainment of a formal qualification or award (for example, in-house professional development programs conducted by a business)
- Informal learning - learning that results through experience of work-related, social, family, hobby or leisure activities (for example the acquisition of interpersonal skills developed through several years as a sales representative)
Individuals will be assessed and receive credits in recognition of existing qualifications, licences, skills and experience. Most of our RPL process can be completed online, which means you can complete it at your own pace and in the convenience of your own home or workplace.
Australian Training Management can direct you through the skills recognition process and assist you to access available funding and incentives to help meet the costs involved in the process.
Existing Worker Traineeships
Experienced existing workers are able to gain qualifications through the Traineeship pathway.
Experienced workers shouldn’t feel demeaned by being involved in a traineeship. It is simply a preferred approach for many employers, as a traineeship offers a number of incentives that help to meet the training costs involved. In fact, we have identified that the entire traineeship delivery process can be cost neutral or cash positive to our clients if they were to enrol multiple trainees on the same project.
As with most things, there are certain conditions to fulfil, so please contact our Traineeship Coordinator on 08 9274 1277 to discuss how we can make this work for your company.
For further general information on traineeships please follow the link to 'Traineeships' .