Log in to:



Log in failed, please try again.
Flexible Training Solutions
"If our course dates don't suit you; call us"

Course Schedule

Upcoming Course Dates by ATM Training Centre
All | West Swan | Jandakot | Albany | Geraldton


frequently asked questions


What is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)?

An RTO is a training organisation that is approved and accredited by a State or National regulator for Australia’s Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector. The national regulator regulates courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are consistently met through the implementation of a risk based approach towards the application of the current VET Standards.

What services does Australian Training Management provide?

We offer scheduled public and in-house training for your convenience. Public courses are delivered at our modern, easily accessible West Swan and Jandakot training centres in Perth, Western Australia.

We are registered for delivery of training in all states, major cities and remote locations throughout Australia. Our in-house courses can be also delivered at your premises.

If you have older certificates/qualifications/units we can help you upgrade to newer qualifications/units via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

Email info@australiantraining.com.au or call us on (08) 9274 1277 for further details.

What courses and accreditations does Australian Training Management offer?

We offer courses and qualifications in business, building construction, civil construction, mining, transport and logistics along with mobile plant operator certificates that are nationally recognised and accredited by the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) and regulatory authorities. Our courses range from Cert II to Diploma level.

We are approved to issue Worksafe high risk work licences, Main Roads WA traffic management accreditations, and Department of Transport (WA) HR, HC and MC truck licences.

Some examples of the courses and qualifications we offer are:

  • Cert II – Cert IV in Civil Construction, Construction, Surface Extraction Operations, Mobile Crane Operations, Dogging, Transport & Logistics (Operations and Warehousing), Work Health & Safety
  • Whitecard, Job Safety Analysis, Risk Management, Senior First Aid, Fire Extinguisher/Area Warden, Working at Height, Tilt-Up Construction, Supervise Tilt Up Construction, Confined Space Entry, Gas Testing, Restricted Asbestos Licence, Chain Saw, Quick Cut Saw and Identify, Locate and protect Underground Services
  • Forklift (for new and experienced operators), Elevating Work Platform, Dogging (incl. CV Crane), CN Crane, Overhead Crane, and Conduct Lifting Operations
  • Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control, Worksite Traffic Management and Advanced Worksite Traffic Management
  • Front End, Backhoe and Skid Steer Loader, Dozer, Grader, Excavator, Scraper, Roller, Tractor, Rigid Haul Truck, Articulated Haul Truck and Watercart, Telescopic Materials Handler, and Manoeuvre & Test Equipment

We also offer Traineeships in the following disciplines:

  • Civil & General Construction
  • Transport & Logistics
  • Mining
  • Business

We can tailor courses, qualifications and units of competence to meet your specific requirements and professional development needs.

What funding opportunities are available?

We are able to access and offer National and State based funding and incentives for certain courses and qualifications, and can pass on those savings to you.

Australian Training Management is an approved bulk-biller of the Western Australia Construction Training Fund (CTF) and so is able to offer funding to eligible participants on construction courses undertaken in Western Australia. The level of funding accessed is dependent on several factors; however we aim to maximise the amount of funding available to you, which reduces the direct cost to you significantly. Check your funding eligibility, by visiting the Construction Training Fund website.

Further funding and incentives are available to employers of employees undertaking a traineeship through Australian Training Management. In addition, the wages paid to the trainee of a qualifying WA employer are Payroll Tax exempt for the duration of the Traineeship.

Who is ASQA?

The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) is the national regulator for Australia’s Vocational Education and Training sector. As the national regulator for the Vocational Education and Training sector, the Australian Skills Quality Authority seeks to make sure that the sector's quality is maintained through the effective regulation of:

  • Vocational education and training providers
  • Accredited vocational education and training courses
  • Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) providers, including those delivering English Language Intensive Courses to Overseas Students (ELICOS).
    • Australia is fortunate to have a world-leading vocational education and training system. This crucial sector provides training in the skills Australians need for employment, and injects billions of dollars of export income into the economy each year.

      ASQA ensures that the quality and reputation of Australia's VET system is maintained through effective national regulation.

What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?

From 1 January 2015 all students studying nationally recognised training in Australia are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). A USI provides students online access to their training records and results (transcripts) through their free online USI account.

A USI is required for new and continuing students undertaking nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses to receive their statements of attainment or qualifications. A USI can be obtained at no cost to students and your USI stays with you for life.

To apply for a USI, you can go to the Australian Government’s Department of Industry website http://www.usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx# and apply online. Alternatively, with your permission, ATM can obtain your USI on your behalf.


How can I find out about the training on offer?

There are several options for finding more information on the courses we provide. You can view our course schedule and the number of places available on each course here. You can also subscribe to weekly updates on courses and available places by clicking here. Alternatively, you can email us at info@australiantraining.com.au or simply call us on (08) 9274 1277

Are there opportunities to undertake online training?

Yes, we offer online learning via our ATM eLearning portal. Depending on the course you enrol on, you will require a Unique Student Identifier and password to access your online learning resources. Course feedback and further action planning is provided from one of our experienced Trainers.

Where will the training take place?

Our scheduled public courses are delivered at our modern, easily accessible Perth training centre at either 52 Harrow Street, West Swan, Western Australia, Or at 2/35 Biscayne Way, Jandakot, Western Australia.

We can also deliver selected training courses at your premises, or at a location based on your requirements. We invite you to discuss your specific training needs by calling us on (08) 9274 1277, or email us on info@australiantraining.com.au for a personalised quote.

Do I need to book in advance to secure my place on a course?

We are happy to take bookings up until the day before the commencement of a course, provided there are still places available. Due to high levels of interest in many courses, we recommend that you enrol in advance to secure your place.

Is the training nationally recognised?

Yes, as we are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number 2431), and our suite of courses and qualifications are fully accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).

Is there any pre-course reading to do?

There is no formal requirement to do any pre-reading before any of our courses, however if you wish to do so, then please call us on (08) 9274 1277.

What do I need to bring?

You will need to bring your Unique Student identifier (USI) and 2 forms of identification, one of which must be photographic, such as a driving licence or passport. The other can be your USI. Some courses require a White Card. We provide a list of personal protection equipment for you to bring along when we send you a course confirmation, e.g. some courses require steel capped boots. Our training is conducted at our modern facilities where all training materials are provided to you by us. Lunch and refreshments are provided, and you also have access to food and beverage vending machines. Attendance on some courses have pre-requisite competencies, such as possession of a ‘White Card’; specific details can be found in our course information and during the course enrolment process.

In-house Training

If I live in a remote location and travel is difficult, what options do I have?

We deliver training in regional areas based on demand, however if you have a number of people that require training, it may be easier for Australian Training Management to deliver the training at your workplace. We invite you to discuss your needs by calling us on (08) 9274 1277 or email us on info@australiantraining.com.au for a personalised quote.

Can the training be personalised to meet our corporate needs?

Yes, our courses can be tailored to suit your specific requirements, whether this is for:

  • The availability of your workforce
  • For your type of specific organisation
  • Your specific location

Is on-site training available?

Yes, we can facilitate training and assessment you at your premises. If you do not have a location that is suitable we can arrange a venue that is local for you. Call us on (08) 9274 1277 or email us on info@australiantraining.com.au for a personalised quote.


Is there any post course homework to hand in?

All theory work, including theory assessment, is completed during course time. All practical training, including practical assessment is completed during the course, with the exception of the Advanced Worksite Traffic Management and the Supervise Tilt Up Construction courses, where the completion of portfolio evidence must be submitted by you within 6 months of course completion.

How do assessments take place?

Theory assessments can take place in the classroom during the course, or out on site with our highly experienced Trainers/Assessors. Practical assessments generally take the form of ‘observation of student performance’ which is often recorded using our fully portable tablet based assessment tool.

Using our mobile assessment tool provides immense benefit to you as the student. It enables Australian Training Management to streamline the assessment and certification process for you, providing:

  • A virtually paper-free assessment process
  • Immediate synchronisation of your details and performance with our Learning Management System
  • Verification of your Unique Student Identity, which uploads course competencies and provides you with online access to your training records and results (transcripts)
  • The immediate certification of your skills and competencies
  • Fast issue of your nationally recognised certificate of competence, or industry licence; enabling you to work immediately and competently on site
  • Confidence within your employer that your training has been completed and that you have been certified as competent to operate

Will the training be personalised to meet my learning style and needs?

As all students have differing learning styles and you may learn at a different pace from the other students on your course, so your training will be fully personalised to meet your current needs. Our Trainers are highly experienced and recognise the need to adjust course facilitation to meet the needs of every student, ensuring a rich and rewarding learning experience for all students.

Should you wish to undertake additional diagnostic testing, Australian Training Management can help facilitate this. Additional costs would be incurred for a third party to undertake diagnostic testing on you.


Will I get a certificate?

Yes; depending upon which course you are doing you may even get multiple certificates or Statements of Attainment (SOA). Your certificates or SOAs will outline the nationally recognised units of competency or qualifications you have achieved.

Your certificates may also allow you to apply to industry regulators for the issue of operating licences, such as:

  • Department of Transport – Heavy Rigid (HR), Heavy Combination (HC) or Multi-Combination (MC) Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence
  • Department of Commerce – WorkSafe High Risk Work Licence (HRWL)

How long does it take to get my certificate?

Certificates and Statements of Attainment are issued promptly upon completion of the course and are posted via Australia Post. Postage times vary depending on your location.

For individuals working on remote sites and who undertake training to attain workplace operating licences, an immediate interim certificate or Statement of Attainment can be issued to the individual or to their employer by our Trainer/Assessor. This occurs immediately after the Trainer has deemed the student competent using Australian Training Management’s mobile assessment tool, enabling you as an individual to work immediately within your workplace as a qualified and competent operator.

Do the nationally recognised units of competence expire?

No, Statements of Attainment do not expire. The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) and the Skills Service Organisations (SSOs) may release a revised version of units of competence and, when this occurs, the previous unit would be marked as superseded. To find out more how this may affect you, call us on (08) 9274 1277, or contact the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).

If you have older units of competence and would like them updated to the newest unit of competence, we can direct you through the skills recognition process and perhaps even access funding and incentives to help meet the costs of upgrading your units of competence.

Do any of the industry recognised licences expire?

Worksafe High Risk Work Licences expire after 5 years if they are not renewed by individuals with the relevant Government Department. High Risk Work Licences can be renewed online by individuals in the same manner as renewing your Driving Licence. Main Roads WA Traffic Management accreditations expire after 3 years.

How do I get a replacement Certificate or Wallet Card?

To obtain a replacement copy of a certificate or wallet card, go to the services menu option or click on the following linkhttps://www.australiantraining.com.au/AwardReprint

Course Bookings

Do you ever cancel courses?

Once a course has been scheduled and posted on our website it will almost certainly go ahead. We realise that people and businesses are extremely busy and require reliability and certainty when booking a course. We make every endeavour to avoid cancelling or delaying a course, and only under exceptional circumstances would that happen. We would aim to reschedule a cancelled course at the earliest opportunity.

We have run courses with just one student in the past; such is our commitment to our clients’ training needs.

I’m unable to attend the course I enrolled on – what options do I have?

All cancellations must be in writing and sent to bookings@australiantraining.com.au at least five (5) business days prior to course commencement.


Refund entitlement

Cancellation 5 days prior

100% refund or held in credit for future use

4-3 days prior

50% refund or loss of deposit

2 or less days

No refund and 100% loss of deposit

Non-attendance of complimentary re-sit (attempt 2)

Attempt forfeited

Full course fee to re-sit again

In extenuating circumstances where evidence is supplied in writing, a refund may be considered at the discretion of the General Manager. This must be submitted within four (4) weeks of the course end date.

How do I find out more information about course bookings?

Simply call us on (08) 9274 1277 or email info@australiantraining.com.au and we would be delighted to assist you with your enquiry.


How can I pay for my course?

The amount due will be shown in full on the course registration form, quote, and in discussions with the student/client in the lead-up to the course. This includes any travel, license, GST, and associated fees which apply to the training. Upon enrollment, we will request confirmation on how payment will be made before the commencement of the training and issue an invoice.

In accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisation’s (RTO’s) 2015 made under subsection 185(1) and subsection 186(1) of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011, ATM requires the student makes payment of lesser of the following by the invoice due date:

  • $1500.00 AUD per course listed in the individual’s tax invoice; or
  • The total balance due (to the extent that the fees for the course are less that $1500.00 AUD in total)

Payments for course fees less than $1500.00 AUD are to be made via credit card or direct debit and need to occur at least five (5) business days prior to course commencement, of your seat will not be guaranteed

Payments for course fees exceeding $1500.00 AUD, an initial deposit of up to $1500.00 AUD is to be made via credit card or direct debit. To the extent that there remains a balance due after the student has made the required deposit, the reminder will be due upon finalization of the course. Students will be reminded of outstanding balance on the first day of their training.

For example, if the course fees were $4000.00 AUD, and initial deposit of $1500.00 AUD is made prior to the course commencement. At the beginning of the course, the $2500.00 AUD balance becomes due.

Should a balance remain owing after the finalization of the course, or where companies fail to meet agreed payment terms, ATM reserves the right to withhold the issuance of AQF certification.

Students will be required to pay a deposit of 20% to secure their position on a course. If this deposit has not been paid on courses that are full, ATM will contact the student to pay the deposit. If they cannot, they will lose their position on the course.

Booking without payment of the 20% deposit amount does not secure your position on the course. Contact will be made 5 days prior to course commencement and if payment is not received, your place can be taken by a student who pays the deposit or full course cost.

When do I need to pay for my course?

To avoid disappointment and to secure your place on a course we advise that full payment, or the provision of a Purchase Order for established clients, is made at the time of enrolment.

Do you offer discounts for group bookings?

Yes we do. Talk to us to discuss the discounts available on (08) 9274 1277 or email us on info@australiantraining.com.au.

Do you offer payment plans?

Yes, Australian Training Management can offer flexible payment plans, however all fees must be paid before certification is issued. Talk to us today on (08) 9274 1277 to discuss a personal payment plan, or email us at finance@australiantraining.com.au.

Why is my course GST exempt?

As all of our training forms a direct or indirect pathway to a nationally recognised qualification, there are GST exemptions available on our courses. We pass 100% of these savings directly to you as a valued client.

If I cancel my course do I get a refund?

Refunds will be processed back the same way the payment was received if under the amount of $500.00 AUD.

If the refund exceeds the amount of $500.00 AUD, it will be completed by direct debit into nominated bank account. Refunds will be completed within 14 business days.