Fire Extinguisher (Use portable fire fighting equipment)
Aim of this Course / Target Group
course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to safely
check and operate fire-fighting equipment in accordance with manufacturers’
instructions and workplace emergency procedures. The course provides a blend of theoretical
instruction with practical training, based on simulated situations and is
suitable for everyone.
Please note: The course may be completed within a shorter or longer time frame depending on the experience and number of those in attendance
This course is based on the requirements outlined in the Australian codes of practice, regulations and safe working systems relevant to the use and checking of fire fighting equipment and addresses;
- The chemistry of fire, the effects of different types of material in a fire and the principles underlying the spread of fire
- The different classes of fire, their characteristics and strategies and equipment needed for their extinguishment
- Firefighting techniques, agents and precautions applicable to different classes of fire
- Types of firefighting appliances, equipment and systems , principles of operation and the procedures for their use and basic checking of serviceability
Knowledge based questionnaires and practical demonstration
Must have basic English literacy skills
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with either of the following Statements of Attainment relevant to their industry area which will be recognised nationally
- CPPFES2005A Demonstrate first attack fire-fighting equipment
- PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies
- TLIF2018 Operate firefighting equipment
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire. Whilst closed in shoes are a minimum requirement for attendance on any course, steel capped safety boots are required for forklift, dogging, vehicle loading crane (hiab) and rigging courses.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea or coffee before the course starts and during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning/ afternoon tea and for those attending full day courses lunch is provided (an assortment of sandwiches and hot finger foods).
Persons with special dietary requirements should cater for their personal needs.
$93.00 This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.