Asbestos AwarenessThere are no scheduled Asbestos Awareness courses. Please Contact Us if to find out about more upcoming courses.
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This course provides participants with knowledge that will provide the basis for taking appropriate action, relative to the planning and conduct of work where the presence of asbestos-containing material needs to be, or has been, established.
This session provides a broad overview of key aspects of the Regulations, Codes of Practice, Standards, including:
- Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in Workplaces (NOHSC2018/2005)
- Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos (NOHSC2002/2005)
- Health (Asbestos) Regulations (1992)
- Asbestos Guide_FAQ for WA local government
- Types of asbestos
- Asbestos uses
- Fibre size
- The health risks
- Risk management
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for non-friable (bonded) asbestos removal
- Preparing A Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
- Procedures for removal of non-friable (bonded) asbestos
- Disposal of non–friable (bonded) asbestos material
Knowledge based questionnaire
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon completion participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea or coffee before the course starts and during a course break. Lunch is not included.
$63.00 This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.