Advanced Worksite Traffic Management and Risk ManagementThere are no scheduled Advanced Worksite Traffic Management and Risk Management courses. Please Contact Us if to find out about more upcoming courses.
Advanced Worksite Traffic Management and Risk Management
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This course provides the preparation, documentation and completion of work zone traffic management plans. It includes the planning for the preparation, undertaking the preparation, finalisation of the preparation processes and supporting the application of the preparation of traffic management plans. The course addresses 4 Nationally Accredited Training Units of Competence.
At the completion of the AWTM program you will have gained an understanding of the relevant State and Territory traffic management legislation and be able to demonstrate the required level of skills and knowledge in relation to the;
- Determining the risk management process
- Identifying hazards, assessing risk, identifying unacceptable risk and potential actions
- Identification of plan inputs, and options
- Production of calculations and drawings
- Specifications required for the implementation of work zone traffic management plans
- Compliance system application, monitoring and reporting
Knowledge based questionnaires and TMP development activities completed during the course
IT WILL BE EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL IN THE COMPLETION OF THE PROJECTS IF CANDIDATES CAN BRING A LAPTOP AND HAVE ACCESS TO THEIR OWN LICENCED TRAFFIC CONTROL PLAN SOFTWARE PROGRAM. IF THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE ALTERNATE METHODS CAN BE USED FOR DRAWING THE PLANS.
- Construction Induction Whitecard/ Bluecard
- Good English literacy and IT skills
- Evidence of holding a MRWA licence in Basic Worksite Traffic Management
- Supervisor or management experienced (able to attain an AQF Level 5 qualification)
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with MAIN ROADS WA accreditation and the following Statement of Attainment which will be recognised nationally:
- RIIRIS402D Carry out the risk management processes
- RIICWD503D Prepare work zone traffic management plan
- RIIGOV401D Apply, monitor and report on compliance systems
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear neat, casual attire with closed toe footwear.
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea or coffee before the course starts and at any time during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning tea and for those attending full day courses lunch is provided (an assortment of sandwiches and hot finger foods).
Persons with special dietary requirements should cater for their personal needs.
$1300.00 This subsidy is available to eligible participants only.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.